Splinterlands | Buying & Opening 100+10 Packs - Results & Calculations!
Reasons To Buy PacksI tend to go about things in a more rational way without giving into the addictive gambling side of buying packs so when I do end up buying them I need to have some good reasons:
- I Enjoy Playing Splinterlands: Much more so compared to in the past where I mostly played the money management game with the card game being an obligatory gimmick. The team has done excellent work in the card design and balancing of the Chaos Legion set along with the changes made in ranked rewards which made the game much more fun and competitive. This for sure is a reason why I continue to be invested in the game aiming to grow.
- DEC Discount for Packs: When I bought the 100+10 Packs last week, the price of DEC was around 0.5$ for 1000 DEC (now 0.59$) making it so that it gave a 50% discount compared to just buying them with credit. The reason I generally buy cards directly from the market is mainly because if packs were better, you could just buy packs, open them and sell the cards for a profit instantly. At some point last week because of the discount, this actually started turning into a reality.
- Potion Quest Reward: I like the move of the increased number of potions that are given to players from single chest rewards especially in higher leagues as a way to incentivese buying packs. One of the reasons I initially bought some backs was because I had a lot of potions stacked. With the reward changes, they started to add up again and they also actually provide quite good value with the only real way to extract them as to open packs.
- Legendary Summoner Airdrops: The number of packs needed to get a guaranteed airdrop cards seems to go up which made me rather unlucky not to get a single Rath card. I aim to play these summoners this time around.
- Building My Chaos Legion Collection: I'm still missing quite some card so I can use more of them.
- 100 Pack (+10) Discount: The fact that you get 10 packs extra for the price if 10 Vouchers adds to the overall value you are expected to get from the total batch.
110 Packs Opening Results
In total at the time I paid around ~220$ including the value of the vouchers for the 110 packs which got my total up to 495 close to what is needed to guarantee at least 1 airdrop. I had to open them over the course of a couple of days as more potions that are needed still were coming in from the rewards.
While I failed to get any Golden Legendary Cards or even Golden Epics, I did get not 1, not 2, but 3 Golden Summoners!
I also got a Queen Mycella which is a card I'm still looking to buy. Overall all cards combined at the current value is 195.510$ so I ended up with a slight loss overall as the purchase price was ~220$ without counting the increase in Airdrop chance which for sure will be worth enough to make it a profitable buy. I also do believe the values over time will rise and I already sold 1 card for 38376.79 DEC
ConclusionJust looking at what you on average expect to get from opening packs with Potions, I still very much prefer buying cards directly on the market. Especially Epics & Legendary cards feel quite cheap on the market compared to the actual chance that you have to get them from packs. (27 out of 550 cards). However, when you are able to pick up packs at the right price and have enough potions stacked up from rewards to open them, it's quite hard to actually lose money on them and opening them is a lot of fun!
Play2Earn Games I'm Playing...
Crypto & Blockchain-Based Bookies and Exchanges that I'm personally using as they allow anonymous betting with no KYC or personal restrictions...
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta