Leak -- Compromised MEMO key successfully protected
❗❗❗ 💀 ⚠️ 💀 ⚠️ ❗❗❗ It's a new day and another user leaked one of their private keys into the Hive Blockchain.
They COMPROMISED their...
private MEMO key
private MEMO key
HOW: in a transfer operation
The compromised account owner has now been notified in multiple ways. The identity of the user will be disclosed only in the monthly report in order to give them time to address the issue.
Compromised account stats:
Account creation: 8/2021
Last social action on chain: 1969/12/31
Estimated account value:
Top 5 private ACTIVE keys protected:
My security disclosures for Hive:
- XSS vulnerabilities in #########.com
- XSS vulnerabilities in hive-db.com
- XSS vulnerabilities in scribe.hivekings.com
- XSS vulnerabilities in hiveblockexplorer.com
- Malicious ads redirecting all Steemit iOS users to a phishing site
- Reverse tabnabbing and clickjacking in steem.chat and steeemit registration page
- Universal script to prevent phishing in all Hive frontends
- Commands for community reports and ban/mute lists
Future development: plan
- Phishing protection [live scan of comments and posts to warn users against known phishing campaigns and compromised domains or accounts, scan of memos and auto-replies, anti phishing countermeasures - eg. fake credentials]
- Re-posting detection [mitigates the issue of re-posters]
- Code injection detection [live scan of blocks for malicious code targeting dapps of the Hive ecosystem]
- Anti abuse efforts [counteracts spam from hive haters and milking campaigns]
To support this project..
- Curation trail: Follow my curation trail on hive.vote to upvote all my posts with a fixed weight.