Making progress towards our relocation plan
It has been quite difficult to stay "normal" in the past couple of days as our relocation plans start heating up. Every day we do our best to take one step closer to our move and I have to say, it has been a real chore.
For now, our plan is pretty simple and straightforward; we'll be moving to the UK for my wife to school while I support her quest for higher education by working to provide for the home. It is a task that I'm very familiar with and absolutely relish the opportunity to do it.
Our move to the UK isn't permanent and for the most part, we'll let the future worry about itself. One thing for sure is that our relocation to the UK is going to be a very financially draining process that will absolutely stretch us to our limits.
The most difficult part about this move is the fact that I'll most likely have to sell off virtually every asset in my possession. It looks set to stretch us to our limits and while leaving to the UK will improve our lives in the long run, we will ensure that we derive maximum value in all our activities.
So far, we have taken one step towards our plan to move to the Uk and one of them involved travelling through the perilous route between Abuja and Kaduna to run a TB test. There are only two recognised health centres in Lagos and Abuja that run an internationally acceptable clinic for TB tests, so we hit the one that is in Abuja.
Getting the TB test sorted out is one important step towards our move and in some way, it is an indication of our intent. So, the next step is to pay a deposit required for something they call CAS.
Anyway, the most important thing is to have the funds debited from my bank account and therein lies the problem. You see, Nigeria is currently embroiled in a serious Forex crisis that prevents citizens from accessing Pounds and other foreign currencies in the country.
So, to make the initial payment, we filled out a form and now we wait for the debit to come through. So, Nigeria is outrightly telling you that even if you have enough to pay your fees, you can't still achieve your target.
The final part is raising our living cost; first of all, we'll obviously need it for settling into the new country and secondly, we need to show a bank statement that proves we have the funds in our account and that looks to be the real issue.
I've made some calls to friends and family members about our current predicament. We're working towards an early December exit, as this gives my wife more time to settle into the school and also more time to find a small place.
At the end of the day, the most important thing is that we're both on the same page and we're trying to make it work. I reckon it'll be tedious but worth it in the long run.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta