LeoGlossary: PeakD (Hive)
4 mo (edited)
1 Min Read
A general use front end that is tied to the Hive blockchain. It is an application that allows for a variety of social media activities.
This allows users to post content, either in the form of blog posts (articles) or comments. In addition to this users can:
- upvote/downvote content
- send tips to authors
- reblog articles that are of interest
- follow others and set up feeds to receive their content
PeakD also provides a host of cryptocurrency features tied to the base layer coins on the blockchain. These are $HIVE and the Hive Backed Dollar (HBD).
Some of the features relating to the coins are:
- powering up or staking $HIVE as well as powering down (unstaking). This is a 13 week process with 1/13 of the total stake being delivered each week
- moving HBD into the savings account to enjoy the interest payments. The reverse is also possible although it does have a 3-day withdrawal period. $HIVE can also be placed in savings but does not receive any interest payments.
- transferring value to other wallets
- filter through and see transactions related to the wallet
The application also supports governance activities. Users are able to handle their voting for both proposals and witnesses. This is directly tied to the amount of Hive Power that an account has.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta